Art & Care Competition, co-chaired by Olivier Picasso and Dr. Georges Rodesch, on April 2 - 2015 with the collaboration of the Philips-Arstper Award was presented at the Palais de Tokyo Museum in Paris. Hélène Goddyn Human Mandala "Mystic" was the Award-winning work on a triple criterion of technique, emotion and meaning.
The work was put on public sale by Master Cornette de Saint-Cyr during the exhibition evening. The profits from this sale were fully donated to the French Red Cross, an association facilitating access to care. The award-winning work "Mystique" was the subject of a specific press relations campaign.
Philips and Artsper have been touched by the reference of the work to the Mandala, Sanskrit term meaning circle and extension, sphere, environment, community. An object of sacred worship and meditation in the Buddhist world, the natural and intimate forms of the body symbolize both our universality and our inner journeys.
Philips, actor of the health and Artsper, start-up reputed to open the contemporary art to the greatest number, invited, four months ago, a hundred artists to create a work on the theme of the health of the future. 34 works were exhibited during this evening, 3 awards.
While they live on average 40 years more than in 1860 when Victor Hugo wrote Les miserables, the French still seek to improve their quality of life and their health. The latest scientific discoveries and technological innovations are a real ode to life that Philips and Artsper have decided to celebrate. This is the ambition of the "Art & Care" competition.
Under the co-presidency of Olivier Widmaier Picasso, author and audiovisual producer in the field of art and culture, and Dr. Georges Rodesch, head of the Department of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Neuroradiology of the hospital Foch de Suresnes and president of the World Federation of Interventional and Therapeutic Neuroradiology, the jury is composed of:
- Pascale Cayla, Director of Art Direct Agency and AM Showcase
- Guillaume Cerruti, President of Sotheby's France and Europe
- Philippe Charpentier, director of Galerie Mor Charpentier
- Pierre Cornette de Saint Cyr, auctioneer
- Aurélie Deplus, Head of the Artistic Sponsorship of Société Générale
- Alexandre Devals, director of the Bernar Vernet Foundation
- Renaud Donnedieu de Vabres, former Minister of Culture and Communication
- Dr. Frédéric Saldmann, author of numerous books on health
- Alexandre Telinge, Director of Marketing, Communication and Digital of Philips France